There are lots of choices but school selection can be tricky.
Here’s a checklist you might want to think about.
- What personality does your child have? Consider strengths, weaknesses, needs, and interests. What environment would suit your teen?
- What are your family values? Clarify this at the beginning.
- What practical considerations are there? Location and transport cost is important.
- What facilities are there? Is there a band program, a variety of clubs, dance and drama opportunities, and are there sports teams?
- What is the size of the school? Would your teen be happier in a smaller school?
- What are the academic results like? Along with academic results should come questions about sports, involvement in the arts and community projects?