A Teacher Resource
- Developmentally suitable for ages 15 to adult.
- Holistic in design by including all of the dimensions of health.
- The Wellness Wheel has eight spokes with the hub of personal responsibility.
- Adaptable to meet the needs of diverse groups.
- Supports a re-invigoration of a school health and wellness agenda.
- Measures program success (what works, what doesn’t and what’s missing).
- Addresses topics related to all of the health dimensions.
- Encourages individual development and commitment to a long-term healthy living plan.
A comprehensive set of programs that address barriers to learning and enhance healthy development can be woven into the tapestry of every school. A school can become a key element of its community.
Wellness: A Question of Balance can be disseminated broadly in the community. An orientation promoting ongoing learning will help increase the community’s knowledge capacity.
The original “Wellness: A Question of Balance” is on the recommended list of health curriculum in British Columbia and Saskatchewan. The resource has been significantly revised and requested for use.
Table of contents
See more sample pages from the Resource.