Benefits of a Healthy School Community
Research demonstrates that if young people gain knowledge and skills focused on health promotion, it is more likely they will develop into productive adults.
Health and wellness within the school community needs to become a way of life.
We’re all in this together to:
- Work on a unified message to promote healthy habits.
- Move beyond ‘eat less’ and ‘exercise more’ to a comprehensive approach that makes it easier to be healthy.
- Develop an holistic strategy that will improve school health with the foundation of a stronger more inclusive community.
- Provide a framework that addresses the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health dimensions.
- Enhance classroom health strategies that engage participants in learning.
- Have less absenteeism.
- Sense improved feelings of self-efficacy.
- Accomplish better involvement of parents and community partners.
Learn about three important resources to create a healthy school community.
It’s no coincidence that four of the six letters in health are “heal.”Ed Northstrum