ReachOut Australia has more than 20 years’ experience of delivering digital mental health and wellbeing programs backed by their own in-house digital team.
A strengths-based prevention and early intervention model is used. ReachOut is trusted by and able to communicate and engage with young people and parents.
The site has free educational resources, digital tools and practical tips for teachers, parents and young people. The aim is to encourage the development of positive mental health and wellbeing across schools and extend the impact of existing programs.
Teachers have an important role to play in smoothing the transition to secondary school for their students. By thinking about their transition plan, school staff can enhance the wellbeing of their students, ensuring the start of secondary school will be a positive one.
Features of ReachOut include:
- Free and accessible 24/7 access
- Programs co-designed with school professionals
- Resources and tools complement current curriculum
- Material is based on the latest research evidence and has been developed in consultation with experts
TRANSITION TO HIGH SCHOOL: COMPANION TO “TEENS AND TRANSITION” GUIDES
ReachOut transition topics:
A. Tips for teachers:
- Be prepared
- Know your students
- Create a sense of belonging
B. 20-minute engaging student activities:
- Breaking the ice
- Overcoming challenges
- Making friends
- Social Skills
- Support Network
- Building resilience
- Coping with stress
- Goal setting
- Optimism and gratitude
- Organisation and time management
- Starting high school video